Originally: Haiti Briefing
United States Congress
Haiti Briefing this Wednesday
January 24, 2011
I am hopeful that you will be able to attend the Haiti briefing I am conducting this Wednesday at 2 PM. The recent events and the one year anniversary of the tragic earthquake in Haiti is an appropriate time to look back at what has and has not been accomplished. It is critical to engage at this juncture; the country and its people need our assistance. Many issues affect Haiti such as: the return of Jean-Claude Duvalier also known as ?Baby Doc?, the impending elections, relief efforts for the tragic earthquake, and the cholera outbreak will be discussed.
Confirmed speakers include:
· Nicole Lee, President of Trans Africa
· Ron Daniels, Executive Director of the Center for Constitutional Rights
· Charisse Glassman, Legislative Assistant at Catholic Relief Services
· James Morrell, Executive Director at the Haiti Democracy Project
· Dr. Joseph Baptiste, President of the Haitian Federation
· Tamara Brown, Counsel at the Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti
Representatives from USAID and the State Department have also been invited. Please RSVP to Arif Haque at firstname.lastname@example.org or 5-5126.
John Conyers, Jr.
Member of Congress