On December 3, 2006, the Haiti Democracy Project deployed forty-one international observers for the third round. We deployed in:
- Ouest Department (Port-au-Prince)
- Sud (Les Cayes)
- Nord (Cap-Haitien, Port Margot, Limbe)
- Nord-Est (Ouanaminthe, Fort-Liberte, Trou du Nord)
- Centre (Hinche, Belladares)
- Artibonite (St-Marc, Les Chappelles)
The majority of our observers were Haitian-Americans hailing from:
- New York
Also nine from the Dominican Republic
And non-Haitian-Americans from the United States.
The mission was the largest group of international observers to monitor the third round.
The mission was supported by a grant from the Agency for International Development’s governance-and-democracy program.
An addition to the preliminary report to be released in Haiti as soon as possible, a fuller report will be made in Washington in latter December or January, and posted on this website.
A fuller account will shortly be posted.