“Mobilizing the Diaspora for Haiti’s Development.”
Using the inspiring example of Samuel Dalembert to encourage the Haitian-American community to come out and support Haiti
Date: Saturday, August 19
Time: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Place: Ambiance Restaurant, 9413 Avenue L, Brooklyn
- Samuel Dalembert, on the role of sports in nation-building.
- Fritz Belizaire, minister of sports of Haiti
- Rev. Garry Theodate of the Haiti Democracy Project, Haitian-American observation of the February 7 and April 21 elections
- Kathie Scarrah of the Haiti Democracy Project: a beautiful slide show of the elections
- Ronide Cayo, of Sheepsheads Bay, N.Y.: Cooperation with World Vision in building a hurricane-proof village
- Wayne Pitts, Brooklyn, candidate for 43rd assembly dstrict: Increasing the political clout of the Haitian-Americans
- Kermit Eady, former president of Black United Fund: Self-financing of community activities
- Brothers & Sisters International
- Haiti Democracy Project
- Haitian League
- Union des Jeunes Progressistes
- Yele Haiti
- Radio Leve Kanpe, Irvington, N.J.